Style 997 is part of Blundstone's range of Xfoot™ Rubber Safety Boots.
Featuring PORON XRD™ - providing a new level of impact absorbency & underfoot comfort.
- Black platinum quality water resistant upper, 150mm height, lace up ankle safety boot
- 7 eyelet lace up with lace locking devices
- Convenient heavy duty zip with zip fastener
- Moulded TPU toe guard for added leather protection
- Padded tongue and collar
- Thermal regulating Bamboo lining
- Low density shock absorbing polyurethane midsole
- New rubber outsole designed to specifically increase slip resistance in varied environments - excellent cut and slip resistance, impervious to hydrolysis and microbial attack
- New rubber outsole is heat resistant to 300C
- New rubber outsole is oil, acid & organic fat resistant
- Steel shank for maximum torsional stability
- Broad fitting 200 joule impact resistant Type 1 steel toe cap
- Luxury PU footbed with arch support and the revolutionary PORON XRD™ to provide extra cushioning and absorption/redirection of shock with every step taken. Also antibacterial, breathable and washable
- SPS MAX—PORON XRD™ in the heel and forepart strike zones for increased shock protection Certified to:
- Standard AS/NZS 2210.3.2009 - Classification 1-ID 2815
- Standard ASTM F2413-11 Including electrical shock resistance. (Clause 5.5)
Sizing: Men's AU/UK
Trust in Blundstone Quality
Blundstone is one of Australia’s oldest and most popular boot brands. The company’s long history dates back to 1870 when it first made a name for itself with its world renowned elastic sided boots, which has since become an Australian icon. Since then, it has continued to expand its product line to include gumboots, safety footwear, heavy industrial footwear and school shoes for both men and women. These days, Blundstone is still based in Tasmania where all its research and design operations take place. The company continues to push the envelope with regards to improving comfort, protection, performance, durability and aesthetics for all its products.
Cutting Edge Safety Features
The Style 997 safety boot comes with virtually every modern safety feature Blundstone has to offer. For example, In addition to its steel toe cap which is designed to withstand impact forces up to 200 joules, it also has a TPU bump cap that gives the toe area and the exposed leather added protection from scuffs, punctures and tears. The upper portion of the boot is made of water resistant black platinum leather which keeps your feet dry even in damp or wet conditions. It is also suitable for heavy industrial use with its 150mm height that provides great ankle support and leg protection.
The 997 is part of Blundstone’s premium Xfoot line of rubber soled safety boots which boasts several cutting edge and class-leading innovations. The tough rubber outsole can withstand temperatures as high as 300 degrees Celsius, as well as microbial attacks and damage from hydrolysis, acids, oils and organic fats. It is also certified to protect users from electrical shock. A steel shank built in to the rubber soles provides extra torsional stability and minimises loads on the feet and calves. It can also prevent injuries such as puncture wounds and bruises caused by rough terrain. This flat strip of metal is very flexible and is placed just below the arch and in between the heel and ball of the foot,.
Great Comfort and Convenience
These premium safety boots feature Blundstone’s exclusive SPS Max system with PORON XRD foam. SPS stands for Shock Protection System minimising fatigue and orthopaedic problems in the lower back, legs and feet even when dealing with repetitive heavy forces and carrying heavy loads. The 997 features a comfort arch foot bed that offers great support and comfort. Like other models in the Blundstone Xfoot range the 997 foot bed uses the revolutionary PORON XRD foam for extra cushioning and shock absorption particularly in the heel and forefoot strike zones, while the midsole area uses low density shock absorbing polyurethane.
The foot bed is also easily washable and has antimicrobial properties that help eliminate undesirable odours and the build-up of moulds and bacteria. It’s also extremely breathable with its thermal regulating bamboo lining that also wicks moisture and sweat away making them even more comfortable to wear all-day long.
On top, the 997 work boot features a padded tongue and collar which eases pressure exerted on stress points around the top of the foot, shin and calf, and also eliminates abrasions. A built-in lace locking system helps you adjust the fit to your liking and keeps the boot secure at all times while eliminating the chances of laces getting tangled while at work or accidentally tripping over them. The zip up side fully opens up and loosens the boot around the foot when it’s time to take them off and also makes putting them on much easier and quicker. The heavy duty zipper system also has a built in fastener so it will stay zipped up and secure until it is manually unlocked.